Search Results

results per page
Displaying 201 to 250 (of 604) for

Government guidance on ordinary residence

Government departments have produced guides to ordinary residence in different contexts. Student Finance England's guidance on assessing student finance eligibility Student Awards Agency Scotland'...
02/11/2017 11:45:00

Government response to Select Committee report on Tier 2

Government responds to Home Affairs Select Committee report on immigration and skills shortages
02/03/2016 10:01:00

Government Student Support

Student Support is the name given to financial support provided by the Government to eligible students in the UK. Student Support is not considered as one of the 'public funds', as defined in the Imm...
25/08/2016 16:22:00

Health and healthcare

Arriving in a new country is a very busy time for international students and there are a lot of changes to go through. For example, there are differences in food, weather and customs to cope with. In ...
15/09/2017 20:09:00

Higher Education

This information explains the conditions you need to meet to be entitled to pay tuition fees at the 'home' rate for study on a higher education (HE) course in England. If you fit into one of these ca...
26/05/2016 13:55:00

Higher education (HE) courses at HE institutions

This information explains the conditions you need to meet to be entitled to pay tuition fees at the 'home' rate for study at a HE institution in Northern Ireland. Information is based on the N...
23/02/2016 15:01:00

Higher education (HE) or further education (FE)?

Higher education (HE) courses include HNC and HND courses, undergraduate degrees (for example, BA, BSc, BEd), and postgraduate degrees (for example, MA, MSc, PhD). Further education (FE) courses incl...
23/02/2017 15:06:00

Home Affairs Committee activities

Report on the work of the Immigration Directorates; oral evidence on English language testing
28/07/2016 09:44:00

Home Affairs Committee report on skill shortages

Committee report recommends reducing barriers to high skilled employment for international student graduates
22/12/2015 14:46:00

Home Office's top tips for arrival

The Home Office has asked us to publicise their 'top ten tips' for students arriving in the UK this autumn.
27/08/2013 11:30:00

Home or Overseas fees: the basics

Publicly funded educational institutions normally charge two levels of fee: a lower 'home' fee and a higher 'overseas' fee. Private sector institutions often have only one level of tuition fee,...
04/07/2017 17:11:00

House of Lords debate: Lord Bilimoria champions international students and calls for government to change its attitude

Our President was in the House of Lords discussing the need to improve immigration policy for international students in the UK
22/11/2016 10:35:00

Housing provided by your institution

Halls of residence and other options Housing arranged by your college or university is normally in large halls of residence, although some institutions also own or manage some smaller blocks...
13/03/2017 15:36:00

How can you check that you are allowed to work?

Check what your passport sticker (entry clearance or residence permit) or biometric residence permit (BRP) says. You should also have received detailed information in a letter when you received your...
04/12/2017 15:58:00

How is a 'week' defined?

Since 6 April 2017, 'week' has been defined in the Immigration Rules as "a period of 7 days beginning with a Monday".  If you work irregular hours and/or have more than one employer, you will ne...
17/08/2017 14:26:00

How many hours can you work?

Your work conditions, including the maximum hours you can work during term-time, are normally printed on your visa sticker or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), and will depend mainly on...
14/11/2017 16:09:00

How much are ‘overseas’ fees?

'Overseas' fees can range from £3,500 to about £18,000 per year depending on the institution, the level of your course, and the type of course. The fee will probably increase each year by ...
23/02/2017 15:17:00

How the UK medical system works

15/09/2017 20:33:00

How to apply

18/03/2016 10:27:00

How to apply?

For undergraduate degree level courses at UK publicly-funded institutions, you should apply through the central admissions system called the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). The UC...
28/09/2017 10:45:00

How to experience UK traditions

Students’ Union Your Students’ Union will most likely hold a range of cultural events about the UK and about other countries, for example a number of Students’ Unions hold celebrati...
14/06/2016 15:33:00

How to help yourself

Though culture shock is normally a temporary phase, it is important to know there are things you can do to help so that some of these worrying effects can be minimised. Don’t feel “this is...
06/11/2017 15:10:00

How to respond

If you receive such a call (or a similar contact by any other means, for example email or text) we advise as follows: Do not give the caller/sender any personal information, and do not confirm ...
25/01/2016 14:00:00

I already have a Tier 4 visa that is still valid. Do I really need to apply again?

If you have a valid Tier 4 (General) visa, whether you can use this to return to the UK depends on a number of factors.  Whether you are returning to study at a new institution or are returning t...
18/07/2017 17:04:00

IELTS tests taken between 6 April and 22 April 2015

IELTS tests taken between 6-22 April 2015 can be used as SELTs until 6 November 2015
01/06/2015 10:22:00

Immigration Act 2014 comes into force

Many sections of the Immigration Act come into force; NHS plans for immigration health charge
14/07/2014 15:50:00

Immigration Bill 2015-16

New area of our website with details of Immigration Bill will be updated as Bill passes through Parliament
24/09/2015 12:21:00

Immigration Bill and health charges

The Government has published more information about the proposed health charge and the Immigration Bill has had its second reading. We still need your help.
24/10/2013 11:54:00

Immigration checks

‘Right to rent’ checks Landlords in England* are required to check their tenants' immigration status before granting a tenancy agreement, to make sure that the tenant has a 'right to ...
06/07/2017 14:04:00

Immigration fees from April 2015

Proposed immigration fees from April 2015
03/02/2015 14:43:00

Immigration health charge

Some details of the immigration health charge are now available, but no implementation date yet.
06/02/2015 13:24:00

Immigration health charge changes from 6 April 2016

Exemption from health charge removed for Australians and New Zealanders from 6 April; Youth Mobility pay less
08/02/2016 10:35:00

Immigration health charge problems

For you if you made a Tier 4 application in the UK between 5-7 July and couldn't pay the health charge
22/07/2015 16:01:00

Immigration Health Surcharge

Information about the immigration health surcharge for Tier 4 applicants from 6 April 2015
07/04/2015 13:56:00

Immigration issues

Since 14 July 2014 applicants for a UK driving licence are required to show that they have immigration permission to be in the UK for at least six months, unless they have a driving licence from an EE...
24/05/2016 14:43:00

Immigration on arrival

If you travel to the UK by air, you will probably arrive at one of London's main international airports, Heathrow or Gatwick; or one of the big regional airports, such as Manchester, Birmingham, Edinb...
16/06/2016 14:24:00

Immigration procedures after arrival will change in future

The UK Government is going to change the way that it issues permission for people to come to the UK from abroad for more than six months. People will have 30 days in which to travel to the UK and coll...
09/01/2015 20:16:00

Immigration Rules

Important information about the Immigration Rules that came into effect on 6 April 2015
10/04/2015 16:51:00

Immigration Rules: information for students and family on November changes

Outlining the key changes in the Rules which impact on students and family members
01/12/2016 15:21:00

Immigration skills charge

Exemption from Tier 2 immigration skills charge for PhD level jobs and students switching from Tier 4
23/03/2016 16:54:00

Immigration statistics

Immigration statistics for first quarter of 2016 published
26/05/2016 12:42:00

Important reminder for Tier 4 students arriving in UK

Tier 4 students should bring certain documents in their hand luggage, for showing on arrival at the border.
10/07/2014 14:36:00

Income tax, National Insurance

You will have to pay income tax if you earn more than a specified personal allowance in any tax year. You can find out more about personal allowances and income tax rates from Her Majesty's Revenue an...
25/02/2016 11:48:00

Incorrectly refused, and those not eligible

24/01/2017 09:03:00

Information about online applications for Tier 4

Our website now contains information about applying for further leave to remain in the UK using the online application form for Tier 4.
30/08/2013 14:40:00

Information for students and recent graduates

Students' union sabbatical officers are paid, elected executive union positions. The term "sabbatical officer" also includes those elected to posts with the National Union of Students (NUS). These pos...
09/08/2017 17:26:00

Information for students' unions

International students are increasingly interested in standing for election as sabbatical officers, so it is important to be familiar with the legal requirements for working with those who are subject...
09/08/2017 17:43:00

Information on short-term student route

The UKCISA website now includes information for people who want to use the new short-term student route to come to the UK.
08/05/2015 21:17:00

Institution has closed

An institution that closes is required to notify the Home Office. If the institution has not already lost its Tier 4 sponsor licence, the Home Office will withdraw it with immediate effect. All confir...
14/09/2016 10:50:00


  • Site content
  • News