Complaints about UKCISA
We aim to provide service of a standard that is acceptable to all our users. If we fail to do this we want to know about it. This will enable us not only to deal with the specific problem, but also to avoid it happening again.
In the first instance, we endeavor to resolve all queries informally. Please contact the UKCISA member of staff directly or their line manager. Contact the Director of Policy and Services to request their email address to contact them directly.
We would hope that any problems can be dealt with informally, openly and when they first occur. If this is not the case then you should use the formal process outlined below. Please only use this process if you consider the initial complaint to have been dealt with unsatisfactorily, or if it is too serious to be dealt with informally.
You are able to make a complaint to us if it relates to any service you have received from UKCISA. This includes:
- events and conference
- our staff
If you wish to complain about UKCISA’s immigration advice you also have the option of contacting the OISC - see below under Other legal options.
What to include in your complaint
- Please set out your issue in a clear and concise manner
- Explain what we did wrong, what we could have done differently and how we can put it right
- Only include relevant information. If we do need more information, we will ask
If you wish to make a complaint about UKCISA, please complete our complaint form here
Please do not use this form if you have a complaint about your own institution as we are unable to respond to these. Read our advice on how to contact your institution or other UK independent complaints bodies.
Once you have complained
We are committed to:
- Taking all complaints seriously, investigating them proportionately and appropriately
- Ensuring all staff are aware of the complaints policy and clear about their roles when handling complaints
- Apologizing when we have made a mistake, explaining what has happened and how we will rectify the issue
- Using complaints to constantly improve our services