We are a membership organisation with more than 500 members, including every university in the UK, a number of FE colleges and students’ unions. Membership is per each organisation, so all colleagues have access to our services. See if your institution or students' union is a member.
We provide advice, training, guidance, discussion and debate about all aspects of the international student experience, including immigration, fees, student support, mental health and orientation.
We do this by:
- monitoring and influencing government and education sector policy through close contact with senior officials, policy makers, MPs, partner organisations and sector bodies
- keeping up-to-date with current legislation and regulations to ensure we can keep our members equipped with skills to support international students
- publishing regular news updates and publications which keep members and students up to date on current legislation, regulations and resources
- delivering high quality advice line services for members and training which assist with immediate areas of difficulty and contribute to greater professional expertise
- initiating and encouraging research through our UKCISA grants which helps to identify key issues and areas for future investigation and development working indirectly and in partnership with others to encourage greater mobility from, as well as to, the UK
- supporting, sustaining and expanding a network of members committed to the ideals of international education and the highest standards of international student support