Search Results

results per page
Displaying 101 to 150 (of 604) for

Immigration Health Surcharge

Information about the immigration health surcharge for Tier 4 applicants from 6 April 2015
07/04/2015 13:56:00

Secure English language tests

Changes to the secure English language tests (SELTs) that can be used with a Tier 4 visa application
07/04/2015 17:00:00

Immigration Rules

Important information about the Immigration Rules that came into effect on 6 April 2015
10/04/2015 16:51:00

Warning! Telephone scam

We've received reports of international students being targeted by a telephone scam.
21/04/2015 15:03:00

A-Z guide to cricket for international students

Find out what a 'googly' is in our introduction to the weird and wonderful world of cricket for international students in the UK.
08/05/2015 14:00:00

Information on short-term student route

The UKCISA website now includes information for people who want to use the new short-term student route to come to the UK.
08/05/2015 21:17:00

Police registration

Updated information about police registration
28/05/2015 15:56:00

IELTS tests taken between 6 April and 22 April 2015

IELTS tests taken between 6-22 April 2015 can be used as SELTs until 6 November 2015
01/06/2015 10:22:00

Family members of EEA students

Home Office guidance - transitional provisions on Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for family of EEA students
03/06/2015 16:50:00

Preparing to return home

Read our guide for international students preparing to return home after studying in the UK.
11/06/2015 12:38:00

Latest immigration statistics on work

Immigration statistics for 2014 show slight increase in international students staying in UK for work
18/06/2015 16:02:00

UKCISA web info on free hospital treatment

The UKCISA website now contains separate pages dealing with free hospital treatment in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
23/06/2015 12:52:00

Making a Tier 4 application on 4 July 2015

Updated information for students making a Tier 4 application in the UK or overseas on 4 July 2015
29/06/2015 16:16:00

Replacing a 30-day vignette

How to apply for a replacement 30-day vignette if you are not able to travel to the UK before yours expires
30/06/2015 14:03:00

NUS/UKCISA Internationalisation Awards 2015

Winners of the 2015 NUS/UKCISA Internationalisation Awards announced!
07/07/2015 09:23:00

Changes to the Immigration Rules affecting students

Our summary of student-related immigration changes, following the Government's announcements this week
15/07/2015 16:47:00

New International Student Calculator

We've updated and revised our free online tool to help international students manage their money while studying in the UK.
16/07/2015 14:16:00

Updated information for Tier 4 applicants

Important changes to be aware of if you're applying for a Tier 4 visa on or after 3 August 2015
20/07/2015 10:06:00

Immigration health charge problems

For you if you made a Tier 4 application in the UK between 5-7 July and couldn't pay the health charge
22/07/2015 16:01:00

Definitions: for Student Support assessment

This secion has explanations about words and terms which occur in our information on Home or Overseas fees? and Student support. These explanations should not be read in isolation but, instead, combin...
31/07/2015 10:51:00

New UKCISA President - influential voice for international students

UKCISA recently announced that Lord Karan Bilimoria had taken over as President of the organisation.
05/08/2015 09:56:00

Chevening scholarships now open for 2016/17

Apply now for a Chevening scholarship for study in 2016/17
06/08/2015 09:26:00


On most courses you will be given a book list. You will not usually be expected to buy or even read every book and journal article on the list. Items on a book list may contain: essential, basi...
02/09/2015 12:46:00


Seminars can be intimidating if you are not used to this kind of teaching. Don’t worry. Many other students feel the same at first. Participating actively in seminars is an important part of the...
02/09/2015 12:46:00


If you have refugee status or Exceptional Leave or Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave in the UK you can claim all welfare benefits, subject to the ‘ordinary’ rules, and you can...
03/09/2015 01:20:00

The property

Here are some suggestions for issues to think about when choosing accommodation.  
03/09/2015 10:20:00


Many students prefer to live close to their place of study, but this may not always be the best choice.  You may need to balance cost, quality and convenience, especially in larger cities.  ...
03/09/2015 10:26:00

Rent and other costs

When considering accommodation, you'll need to consider all the associated costs, not just the rent. Here are some issues to think about.
03/09/2015 10:28:00

Your contract

Be aware that you will be signing a legally-binding contract when you finally commit to your accommodation, so be aware of the implications. If I sign a joint contract will my liability be different?...
03/09/2015 10:55:00

Mopeds and Motorcycles

Even if you have a licence for driving a car, you might still need to complete a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course before riding a moped or a motorcycle in the UK. On successful completion of the...
03/09/2015 17:01:00

Road tax

You must ensure that road tax for your car is paid before you drive it. You can obtain a tax disc by applying online or collecting an application form from any Post Office. You will need your V5C reg...
03/09/2015 17:13:00


‘Public hire’ taxis or ‘cabs’ are taxis that are licensed to pick up passengers without advancer booking. In London, as in many UK cities, these are usually the famil...
04/09/2015 14:34:00


If you are traveling to the UK from a country outside the European Union and are carrying more than 10,000 Euros with you in cash, cheques or a bankers draft you will need to declare this to...
04/09/2015 14:38:00

Specific health issues

04/09/2015 14:54:00

Addresses and contacts

04/09/2015 14:57:00

Police Registration for students in London - new procedures

Students in London registering with the police must first complete and download a free from OVRO
10/09/2015 12:07:00

England Student Support: 'Tigere' interim policy

BIS introduces interim Student Support policy measures for some under-26 year olds as the result of the 'Tigere' case
17/09/2015 15:13:00

Other types of immigration permission

If you are in the UK with some other immigration status, check what your passport sticker or any other documents issued by the Home Office say about employment. You can usually work without restrictio...
18/09/2015 10:42:00

Immigration Bill 2015-16

New area of our website with details of Immigration Bill will be updated as Bill passes through Parliament
24/09/2015 12:21:00

NHS Debt and Immigration

Since October 2011, the immigration rules have included provisions to refuse immigration applications by some people, if they have an outstanding unpaid invoice for NHS treatment. See our information...
24/09/2015 14:40:00

England HE fees: eligibility for new group

BIS confirms those qualifying under interim Student Support measures can also be eligible for 'home' fees
28/09/2015 16:57:00

Case studies

Yang - Tier 2 Yang had a good experience, applying for Tier 2 leave in order to take up a postdoctoral research position at the University of Birmingham. He also has helpful information about ...
30/09/2015 11:06:00

Travel insurance

We recommend that you take out travel insurance before you leave home to cover you for your journey and the first week of your stay in the UK.
07/10/2015 16:46:00

Bringing money to the UK

You need to be careful about how you bring money to the UK and the amount that you carry. 
09/10/2015 15:29:00

Education UK Alumni Awards 2016

Final call for outstanding alumni from UK universities! – deadline Sunday 8 Nov
04/11/2015 10:37:00

Is it a fraud?

You can help protect yourself by being aware of the common features of these fraudulent calls (‘scams’). The caller may appear to be genuine and convincing, because they hav...
05/11/2015 18:33:00

Learning to drive

If you wish to drive a car in the UK but do not currently hold a valid licence to do so, you will need to apply for a provisional licence and then take a theory test and a practical driving test in or...
05/11/2015 18:38:00

Buying a vehicle

05/11/2015 18:41:00


  • Site content
  • News