30 January 2024
14:00 - 16:30
*If you want to join the waiting list, email us at: email@example.com
Working with international students can be rewarding, but it also presents a number of cultural challenges for both students and staff alike. This training will focus on exploring some of those challenges and navigating some of the ways to alleviate them.
This course will help you to:
- Know what culture is and how it is defined.
- Identify what factors make up and contribute to one’s cultural identity.
- Recognise the impact cultural identity has on our work with international students.
- Identify ways to improve your communication skills when working with international students.
- Identify ways to create an environment that respects cultural diversity.
This training will consider what culture is generally, and how to be more aware of (and sensitive to), the impact of cultural differences. We will not be taking a ‘cultural specific’ approach to this training by considering specific cultures.
The course will be delivered in two parts. Delegates must attend both sessions:
- Session 1: Tuesday 30 January 2.00pm – 4.30pm
- Session 2: Thursday 1 February 10.00am – 12.30pm
Who should attend?
This course is for UKCISA members who wish to have an increased awareness of cultural issues that impact international students and explore ways of working more effectively with them.