Students from Afghanistan

In response to the present crisis, UKCISA is working with other organisations in the education sector to identify and provide support for Afghan nationals who are studying or planning to study or conduct academic research in the UK.

One of our roles is to propose, and ask government departments for, solutions to immigration problems that we can share with students and our member institutions. 

We do not yet have many answers to your questions. However, we are in regular contact with the Home Office, UK education departments, and other education organisations, and we will update this information when we can tell you more.

We are limited to helping with student immigration matters. If you need support with other types of immigration applications, including asylum and bringing your family to the UK, please ask your university, college or school to help you find lawyers specialising in asylum, or check the lists on our website: --> Student immigration: the basics.

Your university, college or school is also the best place to ask about help with your studies, financial matters, and counselling. Most will have already contacted you to ask where and how you are. If you cannot get in touch with them, please call our student line so we can help you do that: Contact us

You are in Afghanistan

You are not in Afghanistan or the UK

You are in the UK