For students intending to study in the UK in 2020-21

The following information is for students coming in the academic year 2020-2021 (usually September/ October 2020 to June/July 2021). 

Government Student Support and 'home' fee status eligibility

The funding bodies across the UK have all made statements about EU nationals' continuing eligibility. See our information on:


If the Withdrawal Agreement is agreed, EEA nationals and their eligible family members can still come to the UK (without requiring a visa) until the end of the transitional/ implementation period (currently 31 December 2020, but this date could be extended). They can apply for immigration permission in the UK under a scheme designed by the UK government known as the EU Settlement Scheme. They will need to do this if they wish to remain in the UK after the end of the transitional / implementation period, or otherwise apply under another category of the immigration Rules. Those arriving from 1 January 2021 will need to apply for immigration permission to come to the UK under a category of the immigration Rules which are in  place at that time.

If an agreement between the UK and the EU is not reached, the settlement scheme will operate in much more restricted capacity, and there will be separate provisions for those coming to the UK after the UK leaves the EU. This is all subject to change.