Travelling to your institution after a flight to Heathrow?

08 June 2016

Before you travel to the UK, please check any information your college or university has sent you, as it may include information about how to get there from the main airports and other ports in the UK. Some colleges and universities also arrange transport services for students at the start of the academic year.

If you are making your own travel plans and will be arriving into London Heathrow, Great Western Railway offers train tickets with British Airways and Singapore Airways flights. Tickets are purchased from the airline or any IATA travel agent worldwide and include the flight to Heathrow, a ticket for Heathrow Express (to get to Paddington Station in London) and then onward travel using any Great Western Railway service.

This service is new and aims to grow to incorporate more airlines.  We recommend taking a look at the Great Western Railway website to see if your institution is within one of their locations.

View more advice about travelling to your institution.