Our friends at AMOSSHE, the Student Services Organisation, are running a training event for professional support staff who are looking to develop their skills as Student Services leaders.
“Aim higher: developing as a Student Services leader” takes place on 29 April 2016 in Leeds. The day has a specific Student Services focus, and is an opportunity to work with established leaders in the sector and those who have recently moved to a higher level of seniority, to learn about the challenges and expectations ahead as a head or director of Student Services.
The event will cover a range of topics for discussion in a workshop context, including:
- How institutional, higher education sector and national politics impact Student Services.
- The issues that Student Services leaders tackle, including staffing and resource, competing priorities, strategy, culture, and organisational change.
- How to influence decision makers in your institution and the wider sector.
- How to manage increasing levels of responsibility, both professionally and personally.
- Developing your Student Services career strategy.