If you make an immigration application on or after 6 April 2014, the fee you pay will be different and in most cases higher than it is now.
New application forms should be used from that date and the online system will probably not work during that weekend. You should try to ensure that you either start your application on or after 6 April or that you complete and submit it before Friday 4 April.
There is a list of all immigration fees; the new fees that most affect students are:
- Tier 4 and Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) and dependants - £310 for entry clearance and £422 for extension applications
- Public enquiry office (premium) appointments - £400 (in addition to the extension application fee), including £100 booking fee
- Student visitor for 6 months - £83
- Student visitor for 11 months - £150
- Transfer of conditions - £107 (this is a reduced fee)
- Replacement biometric residence permit (BRP) - £40
There are charges for some new services, particularly for entry clearance, but we do not yet have details of what those services will be.