Increasingly heavy work pressures for international student advisers may have led to a narrower (eg Tier 4) focus with client care becoming increasingly marginalised. This course helps to identify the benefits of holistic advice and to look at ways of achieving the balance between the needs for providing accurate advice and client care.
The course aims to help you:
- to identify and reflect on your advice and interviewing skills
- to be confident that you are giving effective advice and support to students
- to identify the main objectives of the advice process
- to identify the key stages of the advice process
- to define your role and boundaries (as an adviser)
- to identify ways that you take care of yourself as an adviser
- to understand how to develop their interviewing skills
This course is suitable for anyone giving advice to international students.
- Date: 27 March 2020
- Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Price: £240 members, £150 students’ unions, £450 non-members
- Location: London
- Main contact: Will Burton
- Telephone: 020 7288 4330
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your place!