Today Universities UK International (UUKi) launches Go International: Stand Out – a three-year campaign to increase the number of UK-domiciled undergraduate students who study, work or volunteer overseas for two or more weeks during their studies.
Currently just 6.6% of students complete a placement of this kind, despite evidence that outward student mobility can improve both academic and employability outcomes. In April 2017, UUKi launched the national strategy for outward student mobility to double this figure to 13% by 2020. Via this campaign, UUKi aims to galvanise the higher education sector to act collectively to achieve this vision.
The Go International: Stand Out campaign will support delivery of the national strategy by:
- Asking university leaders to sign up to the campaign and pledge concrete actions to help grow the number of their students going abroad
- Developing resources to help universities promote mobility to their students and make the case for mobility to their governing bodies
- Building networks of mobility champions including academics and alumni
- Producing research to provide an evidence base and address data gaps
- Advocating for outward student mobility with governments in the UK and overseas
Read the campaign report and see which 47 universities have currently pledged their support at universitiesuk.ac.uk/standout