Search Results

results per page
Displaying 1 to 50 (of 604) for

Your rights

10/05/2017 16:28:00

Your qualifications

You can check the equivalence of your country's qualifications with those in the UK by contacting the National Recognition Information Centre for the UK (UK NARIC). The international recruitment staff...
31/08/2017 11:39:00

Your place of study

In order for the educational institution to be acceptable, the institution must be publicly funded or otherwise accredited. Where an institution is not included on the current Tier 4 register of spo...
06/03/2017 15:18:00

Your institution has Tier 4 sponsor licence problems

Most students complete their studies in the UK with no issues around their visa or Tier 4 sponsorship.  However, occasionally the Home Office (UK Visas and Immigration) might question whether a T...
11/08/2017 10:51:00

Your contract

Be aware that you will be signing a legally-binding contract when you finally commit to your accommodation, so be aware of the implications. If I sign a joint contract will my liability be different?...
03/09/2015 10:55:00

Young entrepreneurs programme: applications for 2017 now open

International students graduating in the UK are eligible to apply and applicants are encouraged to apply in teams of two to three.
03/11/2016 13:04:00

You are outside the UK

This page explains how you are affected by your institutions's problems with its Tier 4 sponsor licence if you are not in the UK. You might not have applied for your Tier 4 entry clearance (visa) ye...
16/08/2017 12:56:00

Working after studies

If you are coming to the end of your studies in the UK, you might be considering the possibility of staying on in the UK to work. This section of the website explains some of the schemes that are like...
13/06/2017 10:21:00


All EEA and Swiss national students can work in the UK. You can work during or after studies. However if you are a national of Croatia you may be subject to the 'Worker Authorisation Scheme'...
01/08/2016 11:39:00

Work with Tier 4 leave after study has ended

Most students have immigration permission that extends beyond the end of their studies. You can work full time for this extra period once you have completed your course, which is confirmed in the Home...
17/08/2017 14:31:00

Work rights

19/01/2016 20:07:00

Work placements and internships

Placements are an excellent way of obtaining work experience, especially if you are not otherwise allowed to take employment in the UK. The experience you gain can help you make decisions about your l...
04/12/2017 15:59:00

Work experience, post-doc positions

After having studied certain subjects in the UK, you might still need to obtain relevant work experience in order to qualify in your chosen profession. This applies, for example, to medical profession...
15/11/2016 20:39:00

Work changes from 6 April 2015

Changes to work routes come into effect on 6 April 2015
27/02/2015 12:12:00

Work before, after the course and in vacations

Most Tier 4 students have immigration permission that starts up to one month before the course start date and extends for up to four months beyond the end of their studies. Students who are allowed...
04/12/2017 15:59:00

Withdrawing an application made in the UK

Information about how to withdraw an application made in the UK.
03/10/2013 11:48:00

Winners of NUS Internationalisation Awards announced

Mostafa Rajaai, International Students’ Officer at NUS presented winners and highly commended institutions with trophies and certificates.
04/07/2016 16:45:00

Who needs to know?

You will need to tell various people and offices that you intend to leave the UK.  It may be useful to give some people your forwarding address.    At your institution, not...
05/11/2015 20:02:00

Who is a dependant?

Your partner and your child can be your Tier 4 dependant. Your parent, brother, sister or other relative cannot. Your partner  'Partner' means Your husband or wife Your civ...
07/11/2017 16:39:00

Where, when, how to apply

04/04/2017 11:05:00

Where, when and how to apply

25/04/2016 17:12:00

Where can I study with a Tier 4 visa?

As a Tier 4 (General) student, you can study at any school, college or university which has been granted a Tier 4 (General) sponsor licence by the Home Office. Only institutions with a Tier 4 sponsor ...
18/07/2016 16:49:00

Where and when to travel

Where? If you have come to the UK from outside Europe, you have a fantastic opportunity to travel around during breaks from your studies. There are many online guides to help you choose where to go a...
25/01/2016 09:45:00

When your visa is issued

Your visa will be issued as a vignette (sticker) in your passport. You should take a photocopy of this vignette and of the pages of your passport that contain your personal information, and carry thes...
11/04/2017 10:14:00

When can sabbatical officers start work?

You do not need to make an immigration application before starting work if you have immigration permission (leave) that allows you to work full time and that covers the whole of your period of work as...
09/08/2017 17:16:00

What you need to declare

If you are travelling to the UK from a country outside the European Union and are carrying the equivalent of 10,000 euros or more in any currency (in cash, banker's draft or cheque of any kind) you wi...
03/08/2017 16:29:00

What we do

We: Monitor and influence government and education sector policy through close contact with senior officials, policy makers, MPs, partner organisations and sector bodies throughout the UK. ...
25/01/2016 09:46:00

What to bring

In most housing, you will need to clean your own room and do your own laundry. Some institution housing may provide a cleaner for the communal areas. Housing is normally fully furnished, but ...
13/03/2017 16:32:00

What policies are affecting international students in the UK? Read our new briefing

Our new briefing provides a timely overview of international students in the UK and explores what will be the key issues facing international students in the future.
23/09/2016 15:05:00

What kind of work can you do?

If you are allowed to work, you can do most kinds of work. Find out more about how many hours you can work. There are some kinds of work you must not do: self-employment and business ac...
11/08/2017 10:32:00

What is UKCISA?

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK's national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them. We have been supporting inter...
16/01/2017 14:29:00

What is term time?

For most students, regardless of when you applied for your leave, term time and holiday or vacation dates are defined by your institution's calendar. These dates are usually based around the academi...
17/08/2017 14:19:00

What is Christmas all about?

Read our Christmas guide for international students.
13/12/2017 10:30:00

What is a TV licence and do I need one?

In the UK, you need to be covered by a TV Licence to: a) watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, and b) download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer. This could be on any device, in...
31/07/2017 13:43:00

What do businesses think of international students? Weareinternational investigates

#Weareinternational worked closely with Universities UK and the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce to ask businesses what they thought of international students.
05/12/2016 15:52:00

What causes culture shock?

"Culture shock" describes the impact of moving from a familiar culture to one which is unfamiliar. It is an experience described by people who have travelled abroad to work, live or study; it can b...
08/09/2016 10:58:00

Welfare Benefits

Welfare benefits are payments given by the government to certain people on low incomes, or to meet specific needs. If you have Tier 4 leave (or any other leave with the condition stating &lsqu...
16/08/2016 12:19:00

Welcome to the UK

Watch videos featuring fellow international students and find out about studying in the UK
12/09/2017 11:38:00

'Week' defined for work

Allowed to work? Make sure your hours fit a Monday-Sunday week from 6 April
21/03/2017 10:24:00

Website updates

Recent updates to our information for students
16/12/2014 17:40:00

Website updates

Information about Tier 4 interviews in the UK; changes to study conditions from 6 November 2014 and replacing a BRP that has been lost or stolen in the UK
06/11/2014 11:56:00

Website terms of use

Terms of Use Copyright The material on our website is copyright to UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA). Linking to our site or reproducing material from it - non-members of ...
23/09/2016 10:48:00

WeAreInternational re-launched

Show your support for #weareinternational campaign
05/07/2017 14:37:00

We Are International

Campaign to celebrate international students.
05/03/2015 12:12:00

Water in the UK

Drink tap water, be healthy and save money Tap water in UK rates among the best in the world and it's the most popular drink for people when at home in this country. Depending on where you study, you...
27/04/2017 11:53:00

Warning: work visa scams

Warning following recent reports of scams involving bogus work visas
09/02/2016 16:42:00

Warning: scam affecting international students

This has been happening for a number of years but we've just been told about a recent case.
01/09/2016 09:32:00

Warning! Telephone scam

We've received reports of international students being targeted by a telephone scam.
21/04/2015 15:03:00

Warning about the 'Print and Send' application form

If you are using the 'Print and Send' form for a Tier 4 application, please note this advice on avoiding problems.
03/06/2013 15:57:00

Wales: fee status

Publicly funded educational institutions normally charge two levels of fee: a lower 'home' fee and a higher 'overseas' fee. Private sector institutions often have only one level of tuition fee, whic...
26/05/2016 14:11:00


  • Site content
  • News