Search Results

results per page
Displaying 401 to 450 (of 604) for

Health and healthcare

Arriving in a new country is a very busy time for international students and there are a lot of changes to go through. For example, there are differences in food, weather and customs to cope with. In ...
15/09/2017 20:09:00

Government Student Support

Student Support is the name given to financial support provided by the Government to eligible students in the UK. Student Support is not considered as one of the 'public funds', as defined in the Imm...
25/08/2016 16:22:00

Government response to Select Committee report on Tier 2

Government responds to Home Affairs Select Committee report on immigration and skills shortages
02/03/2016 10:01:00

Government guidance on ordinary residence

Government departments have produced guides to ordinary residence in different contexts. Student Finance England's guidance on assessing student finance eligibility Student Awards Agency Scotland'...
02/11/2017 11:45:00

Got an idea to promote diversity? Enter a new competition by Student Design Awards

Competition launched challenging emerging designers to tackle pressing social issues through design
19/01/2017 12:11:00

Good practice

03/08/2017 14:43:00

Good news for EU students: 2017/18 funding

Reassurances given by England, Wales, and Scotland, for EU nationals commencing study in 2017/18
19/10/2016 11:30:00

Gone International: Report on student mobility and their outcomes

Gone International - report on student mobility graduates
25/03/2015 14:35:00

Going through immigration control

If you arrive at an airport, you pass through immigration control first (before collecting your luggage). There are usually two main queues: one for European Economic Area and Swiss nationals, and one...
23/05/2017 17:08:00

Going home

In the months before your course finishes, as well as being busy with your examinations, thesis or dissertation, you will also be thinking about what to do next. Like many students, you might be looki...
25/02/2016 12:39:00

Go International website launched

Go International website launched - information for students in UK to study abroad
11/09/2014 09:40:00

Get ahead in your career

Start your career journey Studying in the UK is the start of an amazing journey that will provide you with knowledge, opportunities and experiences, as well the ...
27/04/2017 14:36:00

Further information

For more information, please see the Frauds, Tricks and Scams webpage at Whenever you receive a telephone call from someone who you do not know, remember that it could be a scam. Crimin...
25/01/2016 14:11:00

Further Education: Apprenticeship courses

You will be eligible as a 'home' student if you come within one, or more, of the categories below and you are: studying an Apprenticeship course at a college in England; and aged 16 years ...
05/10/2017 14:00:00

Further Education for 19 and older

In England, the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) fund FE courses. They publish fee assessment guidance on who they will allow to be charged a 'home' fee: EFA fu...
19/05/2016 11:15:00

Further Education for 16-18s

In England, the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) fund FE courses. They publish fee assessment guidance on who they will allow to be charged a 'home' fee: EFA fun...
27/11/2015 12:10:00

Further Education

This information primarily explains the conditions you need to meet to be entitled to pay tuition fees at the ‘home’ rate on courses of further education (FE) in Scotland. The Sc...
23/02/2016 14:29:00

Further advice

If you need more information or advice on your entitlement to benefits, the Students’ Union Student Advice Service or your institution may help. You can also get free advice from any Citizens Ad...
03/12/2015 13:07:00

Funding for healthcare courses

Admission on healthcare courses, such as Nursing or Midwifery, can depend very much on whether you will be granted funding. In England, the former NHS Bursary scheme has now closed to new applicants (...
18/08/2017 09:26:00

From the traditional to the weird and wonderful

There are some cultural experiences in the UK which may seem a little unusual when you first get here. From rolling a cheese down a hill to weaving ribbons around a pole, there are a lot of curious cu...
14/06/2016 15:58:00

Frequently Asked Questions

Please see some of our frequently asked questions below. If you can’t find the answer to your question here or elsewhere on the website, please call our advice line for students or for members. ...
22/04/2016 13:04:00

Free membership for Students' Unions

Don't let your Students' Union miss out on our great membership offer.
29/01/2015 15:49:00

Free hospital treatment after 6 April 2015

We have added a page on 'Who is entitled to free hospital treatment after 6 April 2015?' to the UKCISA website.
27/03/2015 23:48:00

Frauds and scams

Some criminals specifically target international students, telephoning them and pretending to be from a legitimate organisation (such as the UK Home Office, an education agent or even UKCISA). They d...
18/10/2017 11:59:00

Fraud warning: New telephone scam affecting international students

Fraud warning: New telephone scam affecting international students
17/10/2013 11:13:00

Food and drink

Most known for our love of tea, scones and fish and chips in the UK there are a number of food and drink items you should sample while in the UK. These can be found at various markets, shops, cafes ...
21/04/2017 10:58:00

Five of the 10 most international universities in the world are in the UK

2017 Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s most international universities includes five British universities in the top 10.
02/02/2017 10:01:00

Finding work

You can find advertisements for jobs in your local newspapers, in shops, on notice boards around your university or college, in the careers service or your Students' Union. There are many job search w...
25/02/2016 12:07:00

Find out more

For more information about what we do, read our Annual Review for the year 2016-17, and Annual report and summarised accounts for the year ended 31 March 2016. See a full list of ...
05/07/2017 23:45:00

Financial requirements

Each dependant must have a certain amount of money, held in a bank or building society account, or an account with an officially regulated financial institution. All dependants will need to have evide...
27/11/2016 14:21:00

Festivals and celebrations

Make the most of your time in the UK by experiencing some of our festivals and celebrations. We host a number of multicultural festivals. Highlights include: Chinese New Year Outside Asia, the world...
25/01/2017 12:02:00

Family members visiting you

A member of your family may wish to come to the UK for a short visit.  This may be because, for example: they are your child but are already over 18, your parent, your brother or sister,&n...
04/02/2016 14:44:00

Family members of EEA students

Home Office guidance - transitional provisions on Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for family of EEA students
03/06/2015 16:50:00

Family members of EEA nationals

If your family members are also EEA or Swiss nationals, they can come to the UK in the same way as you. If your family members are not EEA or Swiss nationals, and you are coming to, or you are in, th...
30/03/2017 16:12:00

Family members of British citizens

If you are a British citizen and have lived in another EEA country, you will be able to derive a right under EU law if you have had a genuine period of residence in another EEA country for longer than...
30/03/2017 16:34:00

Facing culture shock

While usually temporary, culture shock is common among international students arriving in the UK. You will notice differences between the way things are done and what you are used to at home. These in...
10/09/2017 23:04:00

Extended family members

The UK government should undertake an extensive examination of the personal circumstances of your extended family member (s) (including their financial or physical dependence on you) before a decision...
04/12/2017 11:26:00

Exit checks from 8 April 2015

Exit checks introduced from 8 April 2015
31/03/2015 11:28:00

Exercising a right to reside

You can continue to stay in the UK after you have completed your studies if you are continuing to exercise a right to reside here. In order to do this, you must be either ‘self-sufficient’...
29/09/2016 15:38:00


Exams can be really stressful for all students to cope with. You can eliminate this stress a little by ensuring you know the layout of the exam, what topics could be featured, how long you have to tak...
01/08/2017 11:26:00


Your Tier 4 application must normally include your valid passport and all the documents listed in the application forms and guidance. Unlike many other countries the UK doesn't require that a passport...
17/07/2017 16:09:00

Every student is welcome: Scotland’s universities welcome the world

We were delighted to join 19 higher education institutions across Scotland at the launch of this global campaign.
31/01/2017 14:29:00

Event for Student Services leaders on 29 April

“Aim higher: developing as a Student Services leader” takes place on 29 April 2016 in Leeds.
18/03/2016 14:19:00

EU: No major changes

Despite much debate, students may be re-assured to know that there have been no recent changes for those arriving in 2017 or 2018
03/08/2017 12:27:00

ETS update: Immigration Rules change and transitional provisions

Home Office announces changes clarifying acceptable use of TOEIC/TOEFL English language tests provided by ETS
11/06/2014 17:10:00

Errors in PBS Dependants policy guidance

We have asked the Home Office to correct several errors in the PBS (Dependant) policy guidance of 1 October 2013.
10/10/2013 13:13:00

Entrepreneurs, ‘high value migrants’

Tier 1 of the Points Based System offers several routes for working in the UK as what the Home Office terms a "high-value migrant". It is for entrepreneurs, including recent graduates f...
11/01/2016 11:37:00


You must not be employed or self-employed as an entertainer, although there is an exception if you are studying a music or dance degree course - see Studying music or dance at degree-level. An &...
05/04/2017 17:07:00

Entering the UK: documents

EEA nationals The Home Office has confirmed on its website that citizens of EEA countries can travel to the UK using their national identity cards or passports.   Non-EEA family members ...
21/12/2016 17:11:00

Enhancing the International Student Experience conference: Full agenda announced!

Join us on 15 June 2016 at Universities UK and International Unit's 'Enhancing the International Student Experience' conference.
24/05/2016 16:59:00


  • Site content
  • News