Search Results

results per page
Displaying 301 to 350 (of 604) for

New Immigration Rules

Visa waivers for some from 1 January. More generous rules for graduate entrepreneurs endorsed by UKTI
09/12/2013 14:30:00

New immigration fees from 6 April 2014

New immigration fees and application forms from 6 April 2014.
04/02/2014 09:18:00

New immigration fees from 18 March 2016

Increased application fees will apply to applications made on or after 18 March 2016.
26/02/2016 17:23:00

New graduate entrepreneur programme

The Sirius Programme sponsors small teams of graduate entrepreneurs to set up businesses in the UK.
06/11/2013 11:12:00

New film on applying for a Tier 4 visa

Video showing Indian students on their visa application journey.
28/11/2013 15:11:00

my layer title

layer text
07/12/2016 15:13:00

MPs call for review of work options after study

MPs call on UK government to review and improve work options for international students
24/02/2015 10:14:00

Motoring organisations

There are a number of motoring organisations in the UK that offer a range of services to the motorist, including breakdown assistance and recovery, insurance and route planning. They tend to charge a ...
19/11/2015 11:29:00

More information about money in the UK

As a student, you need to ensure that you have sufficient funds for your fees, accommodation, food, travel, books and other living expenses.  The international student calculator will help you wo...
01/02/2017 15:37:00

More doubts about student migration figures

Report confirms unreliability of statistics on activities of former international students
01/08/2017 15:13:00

Mopeds and Motorcycles

Even if you have a licence for driving a car, you might still need to complete a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course before riding a moped or a motorcycle in the UK. On successful completion of the...
03/09/2015 17:01:00

Money saving tips

Talk to other students when you arrive in the UK: they will be able to tell you the cheapest places to shop and where to get the things that you are looking for. Food shopping.  Superm...
30/11/2017 15:09:00


If you are traveling to the UK from a country outside the European Union and are carrying more than 10,000 Euros with you in cash, cheques or a bankers draft you will need to declare this to...
04/09/2015 14:38:00

Members' access to website

Problems for some members accessing the password-protected areas of our site.
15/12/2015 12:19:00

Medical treatment

Most students are able to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from their country of residence prior to coming to the UK. This card allows EEA nationals to get the same medical treatment, wh...
02/10/2017 16:45:00

Medical insurance

If you are coming for up to 6 months, look at the page for England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland (depending on where you are going to stay in the UK) to see whether you will be entitled to fr...
23/05/2017 16:42:00

Mayor of London’s International Student Innovation Award winner announced

“This initiative celebrates the very best of London – demonstrating the city is an inclusive place that welcomes business, craves innovation and is genuinely open to people from every part of the worl...
03/11/2016 15:16:00

Marriage and civil partnership - changes to notice period

Changes to notice period to allow Home Office to investigate where it suspects a marriage / civil partnership may not be genuine.
26/02/2015 10:39:00

Manchester Metropolitan University wins our Paul Webley Award for Innovation

Research into recruitment strategies and how they compare with real international student experience wins our award, with Nottingham Trent University and Edinburgh College highly commended
28/06/2017 17:55:00

Making a Tier 4 application on 4 July 2015

Updated information for students making a Tier 4 application in the UK or overseas on 4 July 2015
29/06/2015 16:16:00

Making a Tier 4 (General) application outside the UK

This information is based on the Immigration Rules, and on the policy guidance and application forms issued by the Home Office for Tier 4 (General) applications. We update it as soon as possible af...
18/07/2017 11:27:00

Making a Tier 4 (General) application in UK

You may need to make a Tier 4 application while you are in the UK because: you are progressing to a new course of study you need more time because of re-sits or repeating part of your cour...
07/08/2017 12:04:00

Maintenance evidence for dependants of Tier 4 students

New way of calculating maintenance for Tier 4 dependants will apply to all applications made on/after 26 Nov
16/12/2016 18:00:00

Maintenance calculations for Tier 4 dependants

Funds for Tier 4 dependants applying to extend leave are calculated from the day after expiry of their leave
09/02/2017 14:20:00

Main purpose of residence

For many categories of the fees and Student Support regulations, you have to show not  only that you have been ordinarily resident in a particular area, but also that your main  reason for...
01/08/2017 16:54:00

MAC report on Tier 1 (Investor)

Migration Advisory Committee report on Tier 1 (Investor)
25/02/2014 16:02:00

Lost passport or BRP while outside UK

Before you travel, make a paper copy and photograph of your passport, your student visa and/or your student Biometric Residence Permit  (BRP) and keep them separate to your travel documents. ...
11/12/2015 12:54:00

'Long residence': new category of 'home' students (after 'Tigere')

The 'Tigere' interim policy is being replaced by a provision in the fees and Student Support regulations for those with 'long residence'.
25/05/2016 11:21:00

London Underground (the ‘Tube’)

Many people use the Tube to get around London. There is a Tube station at Heathrow airport, but not at any other airports near London. The helpful  Transport for London website features...
18/11/2015 15:41:00

London BRP collection: Oxford Street post office

Change of BRP collection point in central London due to post office closure
11/07/2016 13:44:00


Many students prefer to live close to their place of study, but this may not always be the best choice.  You may need to balance cost, quality and convenience, especially in larger cities.  ...
03/09/2015 10:26:00

Living with non-students

If you live with adults who are not students, there will be a bill for the dwelling. You cannot be held jointly liable to pay the bill, for example, if you are a joint tenant with the non-student(s)....
09/08/2017 12:06:00

Living cost support changes for EU nationals

2016/17 changes to eligibility for living cost support for non-UK EU nationals from Student Finance England
02/03/2016 10:56:00

Legacy sponsor

A small number of Tier 4 sponsors are 'legacy sponsors'.  Legacy sponsors have a zero confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) allocation and are not able to sponsor students to start a new c...
11/04/2017 12:31:00


Lectures are for large groups of students, which could be everyone in the same year or studying the same module on a course. A lecturer will probably stand at the front of the room and provide informa...
16/12/2016 14:22:00

Lecture notes

When you attend lectures, you will need to take notes. Remember: you don’t need to write down everything the lecturer says: concentrate on the main points and important details mos...
25/01/2016 11:47:00

Leaving or interrupting your studies

Even if you have Tier 4 immigration permission that allows you to work, you should not work if you leave your course or take a break from it before you have completed it. This includes the situation w...
04/12/2017 16:00:00

Learning to drive

If you wish to drive a car in the UK but do not currently hold a valid licence to do so, you will need to apply for a provisional licence and then take a theory test and a practical driving test in or...
05/11/2015 18:38:00

Lawful residence

Lord Scarman, in the House of Lords case of Shah stated that: "Unless, therefore, it can be shown that the statutory framework or the context in which the words are used requires a different meaning...
02/08/2017 18:59:00

Latest immigration statistics on work

Immigration statistics for 2014 show slight increase in international students staying in UK for work
18/06/2015 16:02:00

Latest assessment of economic value of international students

New Universities UK research explores economic impact of international students in the UK
07/03/2017 11:43:00

Know what is required

It is important to know what you need to do to fulfil the course requirements. By finding out the answers to some of the following questions, you may be able to plan your work and how to use your time...
25/01/2016 11:35:00

Is it a fraud?

You can help protect yourself by being aware of the common features of these fraudulent calls (‘scams’). The caller may appear to be genuine and convincing, because they hav...
05/11/2015 18:33:00

Introduction of BRPs for entry clearance applications

Information about biometric residence permits (BRPs) issued to overseas visa applicants
25/03/2015 16:56:00

International students: invitation to CEC Conference 27 October - skills for the 21st Century

International students are invited to attend a conference about the relationship between education and employment.
05/10/2016 16:35:00

International students of 2017-18: your journey starts now!

Got lots of questions about what to bring to study in the UK? Read our pre-arrival information to help you prepare.
03/08/2017 12:11:00

International Students feel safe: British Council international student safety survey

British Council Student Safety Report 2015-16 now available!
24/03/2016 12:24:00

International student? You could win £250...

The NUS and the British Council are finding out more about why international students choose the UK.
20/11/2014 12:30:00

International Student Safety Survey

Complete this survey by 28 March and be in with the chance of winning £100 in Amazon vouchers
13/02/2014 09:28:00

International Student Guides for London and the UK

Studying in the UK? Free guide gives advice and tips
02/11/2016 15:45:00


  • Site content
  • News