Search Results

results per page
Displaying 401 to 450 (of 604) for

Schengen visas

08/08/2016 15:12:00


The British Council's Education UK website has a facility allowing international students, from both inside and outside the EU, to search for, and gain advice on, scholarships. The following bodies ...
03/05/2016 17:44:00

Scholarships and funding your studies

UKCISA is not a funding organisation and we do not give grants or scholarships.  This page provides you with introductory information on funding your studies. We have also provided you...
15/08/2016 15:09:00

Schooling for your children

If your children are aged between 5 and 16, they can attend government primary and secondary schools in the UK, as long as they are here as your dependants. You will not have to pay for this. However,...
04/02/2016 14:43:00


09/03/2017 12:29:00

Scotland fees and Student Support for Syrian nationals

Regulations make new fees and Student Support provision in Scotland for Syrians, and family, from 2016/17
11/02/2016 11:10:00

Scotland HE Fees: Frontier workers

Important minor correction to requirements under Category 6 for 'Non-UK EEA/Swiss workers, and family'.
26/02/2015 10:28:00

Scotland 'Long residence' category now in regulations

Scotland 'Long residence' category introduced in Fees & Stu Support for 2017-18. We are updating our info.
08/06/2017 14:44:00

Scotland: fee status

Publicly funded educational institutions normally charge two levels of fee: a lower 'home' fee and a higher 'overseas' fee. Private sector institutions often have only one level of tuition fee, which ...
26/05/2016 14:10:00

Scottish universities launch a Manifesto for the Mobility of Talent

The Manifesto asks all parties to include a proposal for a Scottish post-study work visa in their plans for Government
04/05/2017 13:54:00

Secure English language test changes

Changes to secure English language tests take effect this April
24/02/2015 13:19:00

Secure English language tests

Changes to the secure English language tests (SELTs) that can be used with a Tier 4 visa application
07/04/2015 17:00:00

Self-employment and business activity

Under Tier 4 you cannot be self-employed, which is defined in the Immigration Rules: “'Self-Employed' means an applicant is registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, or is empl...
11/08/2017 10:38:00


Seminars can be intimidating if you are not used to this kind of teaching. Don’t worry. Many other students feel the same at first. Participating actively in seminars is an important part of the...
02/09/2015 12:46:00

Settled purpose and ordinary residence in more than one place

Lord Scarman in the case of Shah held that the mind of the applicant is important in two regards. One is that the residence is voluntarily adopted. The other is that it is for a settled purpose, and ...
02/08/2017 19:00:00

SFA reinstates 2015/16 provisions for 2016/17

SFA reinstates 2015/16 provisions for 2016/17. On 1 July, SFA published v3 of its 'Funding Rules 2016/17'.
05/07/2016 17:19:00

SFE guidance on the long residence category

Updated SFE guidance includes assessment of eligibility for student finance under the long residence category
28/07/2016 14:53:00

Shakespeare Lives!

Become part of the British Council’s Shakespeare Lives programme - share your expertise at their talks around the globe.
10/11/2015 12:06:00

Share your accommodation experiences with NUS for the chance to win £500!

Fill in the short, confidential survey from NUS for the chance to win £500
06/02/2017 10:31:00

Share your feedback about our new students' site

Our new students' site has now launched. Please fill in our short survey and tell us what you think of it!
18/02/2016 12:30:00

Share your feedback about our website and be in with a chance of winning a £25 Amazon voucher

Do you use our website? Share your thoughts about what you like and what you don't.
08/06/2017 08:53:00

Short course maximum of 6 months

If you want to come to the UK under this route, you must meet all the following requirements: You are genuinely seeking entry as a short-term student You are at least 18 years of age. T...
14/12/2017 16:08:00

Short-term student

If you are in the UK as a short-term student, your passport sticker or the stamp in your passport will say "No work" or "Work prohibited". This means that you are not allowed to: take paid emp...
04/12/2017 16:04:00

Short-term student (child)

If you are under 18 (Note - this will reduce to 16 if you apply for immigration permission in this category from 11 January 2018) you will have to meet all the requirements for a 'short-term studen...
12/12/2017 14:32:00

Short-term student visa

This information is for you if you are currently outside the UK and you want to come to study in the UK as a 'short-term student' because either: you are not eligible to apply for a Tier 4 stud...
14/12/2017 16:23:00

'So what makes an international student different?'

Careers advice for international students from GradLink UK.
14/09/2016 12:30:00

Sources of information

The internet is a good place to obtain information about an institution and the courses it runs. For example, you can search for courses on the British Council's Study UK website. You can look for an...
31/08/2017 11:24:00

Speak to your university or college

Worrying about money problems can have a very negative effect on your studies. You should tell your institution that you are having difficulties. The first step is to explain your problem to someone. ...
03/08/2016 16:34:00

Specific health issues

04/09/2015 14:54:00

Sponsor duties

All Tier 4 sponsors have specific duties they must undertake. These duties are outlined in document 2 of the Home Office's guidance for Tier 4 sponsors. Your Tier 4 sponsor must provide information ...
03/04/2017 16:19:00

Sponsor fails annual compliance check

When an institution first obtains a Tier 4 licence from the Home Office it will be listed as a 'Probationary Sponsor' on the register of Tier 4 sponsors. After having this status for 12 months the in...
14/09/2016 11:40:00

Sponsor has a zero CAS allocation

The Home Office can decide to stop a Tier 4 sponsor from issuing any confirmations of acceptance for study (CAS), even if the sponsor remains on the register of Tier 4 sponsors.  This is usually ...
14/09/2016 15:53:00

Sponsor removed from Tier 4 register

The Home Office can remove an institution from the register of Tier 4 sponsors while it is investigating concerns about it. The result of the investigation will be either that the institution is retur...
24/08/2016 14:57:00

Spring Immigration Rules changes

Home Office published Rules changes on 26 February. Affect students applying as visitors, as well as wide number of other routes.
27/02/2015 14:10:00

Starting a job?

Starting a job on or after 16 May? You must provide your employer with your term dates
21/05/2014 10:47:00

Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules

The Home Office has published a Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules (HC 1025)
26/02/2015 14:54:00

Staying in the UK as a student

You are entitled to enter the UK freely and have an automatic right of residence for up to three months without needing to demonstrate that you are exercising a right of free movement (or right to res...
09/03/2017 11:22:00

Still time to book for UKCISA conference 2016!

As well as over 60 sessions, there are a host of social events for you to attend and network with like-minded colleagues.
16/06/2016 12:42:00

Student advice

We hope the information on our student webpages will answer most of your questions. But if you cannot find the information you need you may want to speak to someone for further advice: If y...
08/05/2017 12:22:00

Student exemption

09/08/2017 10:55:00

Student immigration: the basics

Most types of immigration permission allow you to study in the UK. The categories aimed specifically at students are Tier 4 and short-term student. We provide information about: • the Ti...
11/08/2017 10:15:00

Student research into Tier 4

Can you help a student with her PhD research?
16/02/2017 13:12:00

Student Support consultation-England ['Tigere']

BIS are consulting on changes to the English Student Support regulations arising from the 'Tigere' judgment in the Supreme Court.
07/12/2015 12:08:00

Students' experiences: video stories

Videos, commissioned by University of Sheffield, in association with the Home Office, British Council and UUK, now hosted on our website.
04/06/2014 16:42:00

Students needed for a study on international and EU student experience in the UK

Opportunity to take part in a survey exploring student wellbeing, cultural differences and coping in stressful situations
12/04/2017 14:19:00

Students' union sabbatical officers

We have written this brief guide to help international students and recently elected students' union sabbatical officers who are subject to immigration control understand the immigration requirements ...
10/08/2017 09:30:00

Students' unions in the UK

Find out about students' unions at Fresher’s Fair. This is often the week before classes start when you can find out about all the things that are happening in the student union and join in many...
04/09/2017 17:11:00

Students who enter the UK via the Republic of Ireland

A reminder about the immigration status of students who enter the UK via the Republic of Ireland
14/12/2016 11:53:00

Students with a family

Check early if your institution provides: housing suitable for families short-stay housing for families or for international students individually house-hunting support for students w...
13/03/2017 16:24:00

Students: Don’t be late for class! Apply for your visa early

New campaign launched by UKVI with top tips for international students wishing to come to the UK
01/09/2016 09:51:00


  • Site content
  • News