Continuing Professional Development
In addition to UKCISA's training programme there are a wide range of related development opportunities available:
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Student Advice and Support, University of Nottingham
run in association with UKCISA.
Students successfully completing the Postgraduate Certificate in International Student Advice and Support are able to carry 60 credits forward into the MA International Higher Education, and potentially other MA programmes at Nottingham and elsewhere.
- MA in International Higher Education, University of Nottingham
Thi course is aimed at staff involved in international activities across higher and further education – whether managers, administrators, education developers, consultants, policy makers, lecturers or other academic staff.
- Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/MA in Management of International Higher Education, Edge Hill University This qualification is aimed at staff undertaking international work in further and higher education and related sectors.
Certificate in Enhancing the International Student Experience,
University of Northampton
The course will enable learners to develop as reflective practitioners by initially exploring theories relating to cross-cultural education, and then examining current practice related to their own area of activity, teaching, learner support, or administration as appropriate.
The following professional organisations for staff in international work also offer training and networking opportunities:
- The Association of International Sudent Advisers (AISA)
- British Universities' International Liaison Association (BUILA)
- British Universities Transatlantic Exchange Association (BUTEX)
- Association of UK Higher Education European Officers (HEURO)
- British Accreditation Council Best Practice Seminars
- British Council events such as the Going Global Conference
- English UK (in particular, their Certificate in Student Services Management)
- European Association for International Education
- Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- thinkingpeople (cross-cultural awareness training)
- UCAS (international admissions)
- UK NARIC (evaluating qualifications)