The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.
- To increase support for international education and raise awareness of its values and benefits
- To promote opportunities for - and identify and work to reduce obstacles and barriers to - greater student mobility
- To encourage best practice, professional development and the highest quality of institutional support for international students throughout the education sector.
We achieve our aims by:
- Monitoring and influencing government and education sector policy through close contact with senior officials, policy makers, MPs, partner organisations and sector bodies throughout the UK.
- Producing regular electronic and print publications which keep members and students up to date on current legislation, regulations and resources.
- Delivering high quality advice line services (for both members and students/members of the public) and training which both assist with immediate areas of difficulty and contribute to greater professional expertise.
- Supporting, sustaining and expanding a network of members committed to the ideals of international education and the highest standards of international student support.
- Initiating and encouraging research which helps to identify key issues and areas for future investigation and development.
- Working indirectly and in partnership with others to encourage greater mobility from, as well as to, the UK.
- Ensuring, through support from Trustees, its specialist staff and effectively managed resources, that it delivers highly valued services for members and other stake-holders.
Find out more
- For more information about our activities, read our
Annual review for the year 2011-12, and
Annual report and summarised accounts for the year ended 31 March 2012
- In 2008 UKCISA celebrated 40 years of supporting international education. Read about our history in
Mobility matters: Forty years of international students, Forty years of UKCISA
- If you are an international student seeking information or advice from UKCISA visit our Student Advice zone.
- If you work for a UK school, college or university find out more about joining UKCISA.
Charity and company information
UKCISA is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (Company Number: 4507287) and a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (Charity Number: 1095294). Its registered office is at 9–17 St Albans Place London N1 0NX.